The goal of this program is to train teachers to effectively teach students with disabilities. The two-year M.A. in Special Education Generalist leading to a State of Colorado Special Education Generalist (ages 5-21) endorsement equips teachers with the skills and information needed to:
- teach in a general education classroom or self-contained special education classroom
- work in a related field in special education
- teach in partnership in an inclusive education setting
- Degree Requirements
- Academic Core:
- Cognate Requirements:
- Added Endorsement Application
- Complete master’s degree and/or endorsement.
- Pass appropriate PLACE content area exam.
- Go to www.cde.state.co.us to complete "Application for an Added Endorsement Based on an Approved Program."
- Fax signature page to the ASU licensure clerk at 719-587-8145.
- Signature page and official transcript will be mailed to you (allow four weeks).
- Send complete application packet to Colorado Department of Education.