- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Completion of the secondary teacher licensure requirements.
Bachelor of Arts with Secondary Education Licensure
- Completion of the following required courses:
- Students must complete one semester of a world language at the 200 level or higher (3 hours).
- All English majors are encouraged to take one semester hour of practicum in each of the following: speech, theatre, and journalism.
- A portfolio of the student's work in the major must be submitted during the senior year. Guidelines for assembling the portfolio and deadlines for submission are available from the department head or the major advisor.