- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Completion of the secondary teacher licensure requirements.
Bachelor of Arts with Secondary Education Licensure
- Completion of six credits of World History:
- Successful completion of all core courses (18 hours):
- Successful completion of a social science course (3 hours):
- Successful completion of a comparative government course (3 hours):
- Successful completion of social studies depth and content courses. Select five courses (15 hours) from the following block:
- Successful completion of the required field-based methods course (taken prior to student teaching):
- All students seeking social studies licensure are encouraged to seek competency in a foreign language.
- Successful completion of Senior Assessment Procedures.
- Students may opt to complete the B.A. in HAPS at an accelerated pace to complete the degree in 3 years. Students desiring this option should contact an HAPPSS advisor.