- Entrance Requirements
New music majors and minors are required to complete an entrance audition for admittance to the Department of Music.
- Placement Examinations
- Transfer and new students in music must take placement examinations as appropriate in applied music and music theory.
- Students who have not been enrolled in applied music or music theory for two or more years must reaudition for admittance into the Department of Music and take a theory placement exam.
- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Completion of the general education requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree, which must include MUS 100, plus the K-12 teacher licensure requirements listed under the Department of Teacher Education.
- Completion of the following required courses:
- Completion of ONE of the following areas of specialization:
- Completion of upper-division jury exam and completion of piano proficiency exam prior to student teaching.
- Completion of department senior assessment procedures.