- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Required Core
- Civilization and Culture Courses:
- Literature Courses:
- Language Elective Courses (6 hours):
- Literature Elective Courses (6 hours):
- Language/Literature Electives (3 additional hours from above)
- Successful completion of the Senior Comprehensive Examination (SCE).
- Successful completion of the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) in Spanish at ACTFL level advanced high.
NOTE: Completion of the SCE and OPI are instruments used by ASU Language Faculty to assess the effectiveness of their program in four areas:
- Oral performance in speaking, understanding, description, and oral narration;
- Writing (Grammar);
- Hispanic culture and literature appreciation;
- Teaching methodology.