Adams State University Extended Studies delivers many of the same high-quality courses and programs offered on campus using the flexibility of distance delivery. Extended Studies connects with more than 11,000 students, with more than 19,000 enrollments, and 1,100 Adams State and affiliate faculty globally to provide quality learning and teaching opportunities. From personal enrichment courses to distance degree programs, Extended Studies offers educational opportunities to fit a wide range of student needs. The delivery methods include face-to-face, online, video, and print-based courses designed to make learning more convenient and relevant for all types of learners.
Extended Studies works closely with Adams State’s academic departments in fulfilling the college mission of providing educational opportunities to students in rural areas or who are otherwise unable to attend the residential campus. Extended Studies works with student cohorts and individual students to provide individual courses and/or entire programs.
Quality assurance, when applied to degrees, programs and courses delivered by Extended Studies, addresses both the academic and operational components. Academic refers to the criteria and processes used to monitor the extent to which the degrees, programs and courses address Extended Studies, Adams State University, Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) and the Higher Learning Commission criteria. Operational refers to the ability of Extended Studies faculty and staff to deliver degrees, programs and courses in both an efficient and effective manner.
Course and distance degree information, application and registration forms, and answers to frequently asked questions are online at exstudies.adams.edu or by telephone at 800-548-6679 or 719-587-7671.
Undergraduate Distance Degree Programs (through Extended Studies)
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration
- Associate of Arts in Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Emphasis Areas: applied business and general business
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Emphasis Areas: accounting, general business, health care administration, legal studies, management, marketing, and small business management
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in HAPS (political science emphasis)
- Bachelor of Arts in HAPS (history emphasis)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (non-licensure)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Emphasis Areas: criminology, criminology- corrections, criminology-law enforcement, social welfare
Graduate Off-Campus Degree Programs
Graduate programs are delivered through the Graduate School. Program preparation for endorsements and/or licenses is offered in the following areas:
- Master of Arts in Education
- with Curriculum and Instruction Emphasis
- with Educational Leadership Endorsement (principal licensure)
- with Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement
- or with Reading Teacher Endorsement
- Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration and Leadership
- Master of Arts in Human Performance and Physical Education with emphasis in Coaching
- Master of Arts in Counseling with emphases in clinical mental health, student affairs, and school counseling
- Master of Arts in Humanities with emphasis in American History
- Master of Arts in Music Education
- Master of Arts in Special Education Generalist with Special Education Generalist Endorsement
- Master of Business Administration
- with emphases in:
- Health Administration
- Public Administration
Contact Extended Studies at 800-548-6679, exstudies.adams.edu or the Graduate School at 866-407-0013, gradschool.adams.edu.
Other Extended Studies Services
Adams State University Extended Studies offers customized education, training courses and services.
- Professional Development
- Teacher In-Service Credit
- Educational Conference Credit
- Customized Certificate Programs
- College at High School (C@HS) - C@HS is designed to provide Adams State college-level courses to junior and senior high students by high school teachers on high school campuses.
- Independent Study -- More than 200 undergraduate and graduate titles available (correspondence: print- and Web-based)
- Test Preparation Programs -- ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT test preparation courses
- Certificate Programs
- Paralegal Certificate
- Legal Studies Certificate
- Personal and Professional Enrichment -- More than 200 noncredit titles are available.
- Customized Special Projects
Contact Extended Studies at 800-548-6679 for your professional needs or visit exstudies.adams.edu.