- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- Completion of the secondary teacher licensure requirements.
Bachelor of Arts with Secondary Education Licensure
- Completion of six credits of World History:
- Successful completion of all core courses (18 hours):
- Successful completion of a social science course (3 hours):
- Successful completion of a comparative government course (3 hours):
- Successful completion of social studies depth and content courses. Select five courses (15 hours) from the following block:
- Successful completion of the required field-based methods course (taken prior to student teaching):
- All students seeking social studies licensure are encouraged to seek competency in a foreign language.
- Successful completion of Senior Assessment Procedures.
- Students may opt to complete the B.A. in History/Government at an accelerated pace to complete the degree in 3 years. Students desiring this option should contact an HGP advisor.