- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Completion of the following Art requirements:
- Plus 3 hours from the following:
- Complete a nine-hour area of emphasis in one of the following areas: art history, ceramics, drawing, metals, painting, design, photography, printmaking, sculpture (these nine hours will include classes from the above areas to add a maximum of six hours depending on the chosen emphasis).
- Completion of departmental assessment procedures.
- Students may be excused from basic studio courses on the basis of a portfolio of their work by the department chair.
- Admission to the professional program in Teacher Education and all of its requirements.
K-12 Education Licensure and Requirements
- Completion of the K-12 licensure requirements