- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- Completion of the K-12 licensure requirements
- Completion of the following required courses (51 credits):
- Completion of departmental assessment procedures.
- Complete a nine-hour area of emphasis in one of the following areas: art history, ceramics, drawing, fiber, metals, painting, design, photography, printmaking, sculpture (these nine hours will include classes from the above areas to add a maximum of six hours depending on the chosen emphasis).
- Students may be excused from basic studio courses on the basis of a portfolio of their work by the department chair.
- Admission to the professional program in Teacher Education and all of its requirements.