with the following emphases:
- Degree Requirements
- Completion of requirements for a bachelor's degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
- Completion of the following Studio Core:
- Completion of the following Art History/Theory Core:
- Completion of six semester hours from the following:
- Completion of six hours from the following:
- Completion of three hours from the following:
- Complete a 12-hour area of emphasis in one or more of the following areas:
- graphic design
- Additional hours in the major are to be selected in consultation with their advisor.
- Completion of departmental assessment procedures.
- Students may be excused from basic studio courses on the merit of a portfolio (art studio) by the department chair.