Four-year B.S.N. undergraduate students typically apply for admission with the Nursing Department at the end of their freshman year and enter the B.S.N. program their sophomore year.
B.S.N. Admission Requirements
- Acceptance into ASU.
- Transfer students must be accepted by August 30.
- Send unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended other than Adams State University
- B.S.N. application and a $35.00 non-refundable fee. Mack check payable to "Adams State University Nursing."
- Recommended 3.0 GPA required after completion of all general education courses and nursing pre-requisites, acceptance is CONDITIONAL on any prerequisite course grades completed the fall semester before admittance. Minimum grade of C in all biology and chemistry courses and the PSYC 211 course.
- Proof of enrollment in prerequisite courses for fall semester prior to acceptance.
- A 500-word autobiographical essay
- Your resume.
- Two letters of recommendation; at least one from a professor and the second letter from someone in an authoritative position, such as a professor, employer or coach. Letters from relatives are not acceptable. Letters are to be sent directly to ASU Nursing, 208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 2250, Alamosa CO 81101.
- Documentation showing submission of fingerprints and background check to American DataBank. Contact the ASU Nursing Office for forms.
- C.N.A. licensure is highly recommended but not required for admission to the B.S.N. program. If you do have your licensure, please submit your documentation showing C.N.A. licensure or proof of succesful completion of C.N.A. course. May also submit proof of enrollment into a C.N.A. course if taking after application deadline (if applicable).
Complete application packets are due by July 15 prior to the sophomore year. Students will receive notification of admission status by September 1 of sophomore year. Late applications will be considered only on a space available basis. Admission materials and guidelines are available at nursing.adams.edu.