Four-year B.S.N. undergraduate students typically apply for admission with the Nursing Department at the end of their freshman year and enter the B.S.N. program their sophomore year.
B.S.N. Admission Requirements
- Acceptance into ASU.
- Unofficial transcripts (unopened) from all other institutions attended other than ASU (request these to be sent directly to the nursing department).
- Proof of enrollment in prerequisite courses for the fall semester prior to acceptance or letter of intent of courses to be finished. Official transcripts must be sent after completion of the courses if taken somewhere other than ASU.
- Recommended 3.0 GPA required after completion of all general education courses and nursing pre-requisites. Acceptance is conditional on all prerequisite grades being finished the semester before admittance.
- Minimum grade of C in all biology, chemistry, PSYC 211 and MATH 111 courses.
- A 500-word autobiographical essay
- A resume.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from a professor and one from someone in an authoritative position, e.g. an employer or coach. Letters from relatives are not acceptable.
- Background check including drug screening and finger printing. Background checks must be through the company used by ASU.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $35 to the nursing program for application (money order or check only).
Submit application materials to Adams State University, School of Nursing, 208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 2250, Alamosa, CO 81101.
The following need to be completed by the first week of second semester B.S.N. courses to allow participation in clinical settings. See clinical requirements section of handbook for more information. Submit documentation to Adams State University, School of Nursing Clinical Placement Coordinator, 208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 2250, Alamosa, CO 81101.
- Current physical exam
- Documentation of updated immunizations
- Proof of malpractice insurance
Deadlines for application
Complete application packets are due by July 15 prior to the sophomore year. Students will receive notification of admission status by September 1 of sophomore year. Late applications will be considered only on a space available basis. Admission materials and guidelines are available at nursing.adams.edu.