Four-year B.S.N. undergraduate students typically apply for admission with the Nursing Department at the end of their freshman year and enter the B.S.N. program their sophomore year.
B.S.N. Admission Requirements
- Acceptance into ASU (all transcripts from other institutions must be reviewed).
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA required after completion of all general education courses and nursing pre-requisites, including course grades for the first semester sophomore year (Final acceptance is conditional on maintaining a 3.0 GPA in the fall semester of the sophomore year).
- Demonstrate technological proficiency.
- Proof of having completed a certified nursing assistant course or Basic Nursing Skills (NURS 179). Note: NURS 179C will be offered through Fall 2013; thereafter CNA is required.
- A 500-word autobiographical essay, in addition to a resume.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons in an authority position, e.g. an employer, teacher, coach, or religious leader. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Background check including drug screening and finger printing. Background checks must be through the company used by ASU.
- Finalists may be contacted for an interview as part of the selection process.
Submit application materials to ASU Nursing Department, Suite 2250, 208 Edgemont Blvd., Alamosa, CO 81101.
Deadlines for application
Complete application packets are due by August 1 prior to the sophomore year. Finalists may be contacted for an interview as part of the selection process. Students will receive notification of admission status by November 1 of sophomore year. Late applications will be considered only on a space available basis. Admission materials and guidelines are available at nursing.adams.edu.