Students applying to the R.N. to B.S.N. program must have R.N. licensure and a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Students should apply for admission after or near graduation from an A.D.N. program.
- Apply online for admission to Adams State University.
- Request all previously attended postsecondary institutions to submit unofficial transcripts directly to Adams State University, School of Nursing, 208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 2250, Alamosa, CO 81101.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA required after completion of all general education courses and nursing pre-requisites.
- Minimum grade of C in all biology courses (if needed and post-A.D.N. degree) and PSYC 211.
- A 500-word autobiographical essay.
- Curriculum Vitae to include current R.N. license information (state/license number/expiration date).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Background check including drug screen and fingerprinting.
- Submit the completed R.N.-B.S.N. application to the School of Nursing along with a non-refundable $35 application fee (money order or checks only).
With the approval of the program director, a student may be allowed to take up to 9 credit hours of nursing coursework prior to full admission into the program. A final letter of admission will be sent to the student once all conditions for admission are met.
The following needs to be completed within 30 days of admission to the program to allow participation in clinical settings. See clinical requirements section of handbook for more information.
- Current physical exam.
- Documentation of updated immunizations
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification
- Proof of malpractice insurance
Admission materials and guidelines are available online at nursing.adams.edu.