- Admission Requirements
Students desiring to enroll in the HEAL degree program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Complete the M.A. admission application and submit $30 application fee
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0, the last 30 credit hours of the degree. Those with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be conditionally admitted until after the first semester at which time evidence is provided as to the ability to do graduate level work.
- Write and submit a letter of intent
- Write and submit a 2- to 3-page essay—“How do you see yourself improving educational opportunities for Latino/a students in the future?” The essay will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Currently hold a position within an institution of higher education.
- Submit a complete resume including academic, volunteer and work experience.
- Send unofficial transcripts (official after acceptance).
- Submit two letters of reference with contact information for those references. Letters of reference must outline the student’s strengths and weaknesses, likely success in a graduate program; and what they will bring to the field of higher education. One letter should be from an immediate and/or current supervisor.
Send admission packet as PDF files to the HEAL director via email at heal AT adams DOT edu or to HEAL director, School of Business, Adams State University, 208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 3120, Alamosa, CO 81101.
- Degree Requirements