- Admission Requirements
Students desiring to enroll in the HEAL degree program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Complete the M.A. admission application and submit $30 application fee
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0, the last 30 credit hours of the degree. Those with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be conditionally admitted until after the first semester at which time evidence is provided as to the ability to do graduate level work.
- Write and submit a letter of intent
- Write and submit a 2- to 3-page essay—“How do you see yourself improving educational opportunities for Latino/a students in the future?” The essay will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Currently hold a position within an institution of higher education.
- Submit a complete resume including academic, volunteer and work experience.
- Send unofficial transcripts (official after acceptance).
- Submit two letters of reference with contact information for those references. Letters of reference must outline the student’s strengths and weaknesses, likely success in a graduate program; and what they will bring to the field of higher education. One letter should be from an immediate and/or current supervisor.
Send admission packet to Dr. Freeman, School of Business, Adams State University, 208 Edgemont Blvd., Alamosa, CO 81101.
- Degree Requirements